This weekend was the best! I officially started my part-time schedule on Friday. Gray and I went to the DMV...and the ladies were actually nice to us! We had a to wait an hour, but Gray was really good, and we got some good people watching in. :) Then, I took Gray to Jump-n-Play on the northside. He loved it! It was pretty funny, cause he wasn't so sure at first, but then he decided to tackle things...then he spent about 1/2 hour kicking a little ball around the place. I think he was the only kid there that was more interested in a ball than in the giant jump castles and slides. Guess I could have saved 6 bucks and just let him play with a ball in the back yard...ohh well. After that, we went to the mall for some good shopping. Mommy got some really good deals and got Daddy some Villanova shorts (although that didn't do us a lot of good!) Then after all of that...we went and visited Katie and the Twins!! What a good day!
On Saturday, the boys made us pancakes. Then, we went to the airport to watch the take-offs and landings. Gray loved the airport...and was a little mad when we had to go. Since Gray was a pretty good boy, we took him to Wal-mart, where he got to pick out 5 matchbox cars! (Good thing they are cheap at Wal-mart!) THEN...we went to the 11:10 am showing of Monsters vs. Aliens. It was really cute. Gray ate an entire bag of popcorn. YIKES! Then, when were were paying for our parking in River Park Square, I turned around and our best friends, Matt, Wendi and Abbey were right behind us. They came to surprise me for my birthday! I was totally shocked! It was such a good surprise. We then had lunch and came home for the games. This was the biggest downer of the weekend...cause if Villanova would have won...we would have won some money. We would have won even more if UConn would have won too. Oh well, it made the tourney that much more fun up till now!
Saturday night, after the kiddos went to bed, Wendi made us watch "Marley and Me." It was a really good movie...but seriously, don't watch it if you don't want to cry. It's a good think Wendi and Matt have been good friends for a while....cause I cried like a baby! :( So sad. I think the boys even had a tear or two in their eyes!
On Sunday, Wendi and I headed over to see the Twins. Twice in a matter of a few days for me...which is a lot of the reason why this was the best weekend ever! :) They are so dang cute and are growing so much! I just love them! While we were over there, the kiddos tested out Gray's 4-wheeler in the back yard. Apparently they loved it!
On top of all of this...this is the 1st weekend where the temp has stayed above 30 degrees and there hasn't been any snow!! WOOHOOO!
"Nawlins" - aka: New Orleans
13 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment