Grayson and I did the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure with the Moss Adam's team this morning. It's a three-mile race. Thanks to both Nema's and Papa's for sponsoring us and a great cause! I decided to run with my friend Tricia at the last minute. I woke up thinking we'd walk. I'm a little tired now, but it was worth it. I think we were the 1st stroller to cross the finish line too. (I'm not competitive at all!) AND...we finished just a few feet behind Ali - the girl who won the biggest loser last year! We spotted her at the beginning of the race and then again with about a mile to go. I didn't think I was going to make it at that point, but it kept me motivated to keep-on-chugging. I would have loved to have gotten closer, but she was quick! Gray was a great boy and had such a good time. It's good training for Bloomsday!
We had just finished in this picture. You can barely see the finish line above our heads.

Just before race time...

Biggest Loser Ali before the race. She was with a big group of women, including her mom, who was also on the show.

Here's Ali in front of us with about a mile to go. She's the one in between the lady in green and the lady in blue. She's wearing black with red sleaves. She still looks good. Holy cow! How can she lose over 100 lbs and I can't even lose 10!
1 comment:
Hey Kate!! Good for you to do that race, YOU are such an inspiration for people like me who hate to run!!! I love the pics of alli from the biggest loser, that is one of my fav shows!! im glad you thought to take pics of her. We want you to come visit us again soon. I will get brave soon and we will make a trip to see you guys, I promise!!! Hope you enjoyed the beautiful weather that we had for 2 days!!!! see you soon!!!
Post a Comment